The health sector can make a positive contribution towards safeguarding those that might be less able to protect themselves from harm, neglect or abuse. Central to effective safeguarding management are trustful and supportive relationships, based upon dignity and respect, between patients, their families and healthcare staff.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate safeguarding adults at risk level 1
- Be able to recognise signs of abuse
- Know how to respond if they have concerns
- Know how to report concerns
- Know what information to record
- Know how to refer your concerns
- Have a basic knowledge of the relevant legislation