Who is this course suitable for?
The recertification ALS course is only available to those who hold a valid Resuscitation Council UK ALS provider certificate. If more than a year has elapsed since the expiry of the ALS certificate the full ALS course must be attended.
The course programme consists of workshops, skill stations and cardiac arrest simulations (i.e. CASTeach).
The ALS course teaches the knowledge and skills required to:
- recognise and treat the deteriorating patient using a structured ABCDE approach;
- deliver standardised CPR in adults;
- manage a cardiac arrest by working with a multidisciplinary team in an emergency situation;
- utilise non-technical skills to facilitate strong team leadership and effective team membership.
The course manual is sent to candidates one month before the course. Candidates are expected to have prepared for the course by reading the manual and submitting their completed pre-course MCQ paper before attending the face-to-face component. Candidates are given access to e-learning materials on the Resuscitation Council UK LMS and they must access and undertake the e-learning component and the and the pre-course MCQ without reference to the manual, before attending the face-to-face element of the course.
Please note: Prior competence in CPR is an essential prerequisite to attending the course.
ALS recert programme (84KB)
Upcoming Courses › ALS recertification
Events Search and Views Navigation
- No matching events listed under ALS recertification. Please try viewing the full calendar for a complete list of events.
Please contact us if you would like more information about our courses, or if you would like to discuss your training needs.
Tel: 01634 717703 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org