Who is this course suitable for?
The ILS course is suitable for doctors, medical students, nurses, nursing students, midwives, healthcare providers such as physiotherapists, dentists and ambulance technicians. It may also be suitable for fire service technicians, police personnel and prison officers.
The ILS course teaches the knowledge and skills to:
- identify the causes and promote the prevention of cardiopulmonary arrest;
- recognise and treat the deteriorating patient using the ABCDE approach;
- undertake the skills of quality CPR and defibrillation (manual and /or AED) and simple airway manoeuvres;
- utilise non-technical skills to facilitate initial leadership and effective team membership
The ILS course is run over one day and the course programme consists of one lecture, skill stations and cardiac arrest simulations (i.e. CASTeach).
The manual is sent to candidates two weeks before the start of the course. Candidates are expected to have prepared for the course by reading the manual.
ILS programme (118KB)
Upcoming Courses › ILS
- No matching courses listed under ILS. Please try viewing the full calendar for a complete list of courses.