£4.99 exc VAT
This course provides healthcare workers and healthcare professionals, who are patient facing or have any interaction with individuals or their care records, with the knowledge of the legal and moral requirements for obtaining consent.
At the end of this course, learners are required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the assessment (80% pass mark), learners may download a Patient Consent certificate from their profile page. Our certificate can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit purposes.
- understand the importance of gaining consent to treatment
- know how consent can be given
- be able to identify the situations where treatment can occur without consent
- understand how capacity to consent can be assessed
- understand the role of the Court of Protection
- appreciate the unique challenges and the legal standpoint for gaining consent in the treatment of children