£4.99 exc VAT
Diabetes is a health condition that requires strict monitoring and management. While this can usually be done by the individual, it’s essential that anybody who spends time with them knows how to help should it be needed.
This course teaches you about the different types of diabetes, the possible complications associated with them, and how to manage the condition to reduce the risk of these complications.
At the end of this course, learners are required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the assessment (80% pass mark), learners may download a Diabetes Awareness certificate from their profile page. Our certificate can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit purposes.
- Understand the pathophysiology of Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes
- Appreciate the impact diabetes has within the United Kingdom
- Know the risk factors for diabetes
- Understand the diagnosis of diabetes
- Explore the management of Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes
- Understand the safe use of insulin and different insulin regimes
- Understand blood glucose monitoring
- Understand the annual diabetes review
- Explore the diabetic emergencies