This course provides healthcare workers and healthcare professionals, who are patient facing or have any interaction with individuals or their care records, with the knowledge of the legal and moral requirements for obtaining consent.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Patient Consent
- understand the importance of gaining consent to treatment
- know how consent can be given
- be able to identify the situations where treatment can occur without consent
- understand how capacity to consent can be assessed
- understand the role of the Court of Protection
- appreciate the unique challenges and the legal standpoint for gaining consent in the treatment of children