£4.99 exc VAT
Anaphylaxis is a severe, life-threatening allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death if untreated. The most common anaphylactic reactions are to foods, insect stings, medications and latex. If you are allergic to a substance, your immune system overreacts to this allergen by releasing chemicals that cause allergy symptoms.
It is essential for those who look after others, including health and social care workers, first aiders and health and social care workers to be able to identify and treat anaphylaxis promptly and effectively.
At the end of this course, learners are required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the assessment (80% pass mark), learners may download a Anaphylaxis certificate from their profile page. Our certificate can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit purposes.
- Be able to identify signs and symptoms of anaphylaxis
- Understand symptom development and initial treatment
- Understand how to manage symptoms and gain an understanding of secondary drug use
- Gain an insight into ongoing care required